Current Scholarship Opportunities
2017-18 Academic Year Scholarship Application
HELLENIC FEDERATION OF NEW JERSEY
This application is for the scholarships that will be awarded by the Hellenic Federation of New Jersey for the Academic Year 2017-2018. Completed applications, and all attachment outlined below, must be received at the email address below by March 31, 2017 (deadline extended). Scholarships will be awarded in June 2017.
Academic Year 2017-2018
Eligibility CriteriaTo be eligible the applicant:
• Must be a full time student.
• Must be pursuing studies in a four year accredited college or an accredited graduate school towards an undergraduate or graduate degree.
• Must be (1) a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent of the U.S. and a resident of the State of New Jersey or (2) a Greek or Cypriot student studying in a New Jersey college or university with a F-1 visa.
• Must be of Hellenic descent (defined that one of the parents of the applicant being of Hellenic national origin).
• If the application is for a summer program in Greece or Cyprus, the applicant must be attending the program for college credits that will be accepted by his/her college or university.
Instructions to Applicant
• Complete and submit the application. All applications and supporting materials must be submitted electronically to Tassos Efstratiades, Scholarship Committee Chair, at the following email: Tassos@hellenicfederationnj.com.
•Submit academic transcripts. High school seniors must submit all high school transcripts including SAT/ACT scores. First-year undergraduates must submit undergraduate transcripts as well as high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores. Other undergraduates must submit all college/university transcripts.
• Request two letters of recommendation on official letterhead from your guidance counselor, academic adviser, teacher or professor and ask them to email the letter to Tassos Efstratiades, Scholarship Committee Chair: Tassos@hellenicfederationnj.com.
• Submit all the attachments required by the application.
• Finalists selected by the Scholarship Committee may be contacted for a personal interview.
• If you have any questions you may contact:
• Savas Tsivicos at (732) 299-1532 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Tassos Efstratiades at (267) 243-9748 or email@example.com.